Moving from one apartment to another can be very stressful sometimes, and it can equally be fun some other times. However, one aspect remains very challenging at all times: hiring the perfect moving truck. The troubles usually associated with hiring a moving truck is enough to make one start to ponder on the possible alternatives. But when it comes to moving your loads, moving trucks are the most suitable means. However, the problems and difficulties encountered when hiring a moving truck can be devastating and frustrating because they often occur at the last minute. Here are typical troubles that are frequently faced with moving trucks.
- Last-minute rentals: last-minute rentals are bound to generate difficulties 50% of the time. Making a late reservation is one situation that can and should be avoided. The possible adverse outcomes can range from the unavailability of a truck to getting a truck that is not in good shape. Whichever the case may be, it is often unpleasant.
- Hidden charges: another problem with hiring a moving truck is that there are hidden charges that may not be added to the initial contract. These charges may include extra fuel charges, mileage, and late return charges.
- Driving the truck: regardless of your driving experience, if you have not driven larger trucks, you are most likely to face difficulties driving a moving truck.
- Hiring a smaller truck size: this problem is a commonly experienced one. Many intending movers often make the mistake of underestimating their loads, just to rent a smaller truck and find out that it does not have sufficient space for their goods.
Easy Steps To Hiring a Moving Truck
Either negligence or poor planning almost always causes the troubles associated with moving trucks. However, the good news is that the majority of the problems can be avoided. Here are a few easy steps that will help you in hiring the appropriate moving truck.
- Schedule more than one moving day
Setting out a series of possible days you can move is a good step. It will help you to weigh your options properly. And in the end, select the most appropriate and comfortable day for you to move. While picking a day to move, bear in mind that weekdays are better moving days because weekends are often choked up, and you may not be able to secure a truck.
- Measure up your load and determine the size of truck you need
It is always a problem when people fail to size up their loads beforehand. They will probably get a smaller truck that will not contain all their goods or pay more to get an oversized one. Hence, it is advisable that you correctly quantify the load you intend to move with and hire a suiting truck.
- Research for multiple agencies
You can go online and search for truck hire agencies close to you. Next, make a list of these agencies, the types of trucks they offer, and how they charge. These statistics will help you decide which agency will provide you with the best services.
- Be well prepared on the big day
You must have pre-selected a day to move. You are expected to work towards being adequately prepared when the day comes. Arrive at the truck company minutes before the scheduled time to avoid any complications. Also, check the truck for any damages and make sure that it is in good working condition.
Moving can be a very hectic activity. However, the right preparation can help you lessen the stress of moving and even make it more fun. One way to ensure that you are well prepared is by hiring a moving truck the right way and at the right time.