Lemon essential oil is a natural ingredient that serves as a highly versatile ingredient for health and home purposes.
From flavored beverages to glowing skin, its benefits are easily recognizable, and its refreshing scent makes it most sought. Here are some of the benefits of using lemon essential oil.
- Like lavender oil and rose oil, lemon essential oil has been an effective stress reliever.
- To remove the stinky smell from the bathroom, refrigerator, or trash can, you can put lemon in a cotton ball and place it in your desired location.
- Health spas have been known to include lemon essential oil in their massage therapy because of its calming and invigorating properties.
- You can stay energetic during work hours by placing some drops of lemon essential oil in your diffuser. You can also enjoy this feeling in your car if you add some lemon oil to your car vent diffuser.
- Individuals often associate the scent of lemon essential oil with relaxing and rejuvenating experiences.
The astringent components of lemon essential oil make it widely used in the skincare industry as a bacteria-killing agent.
- For glowing skin, add a few drops of lemon oil to your daily skincare routine.
- It is advised to do this only at night or wait at least 12 hours before heading outdoors as this could make your skin more sensitive to sunlight.
- Also, its antioxidant properties reduce excessive oil on the skin and may brighten and preserve skin tone. Just add one teaspoon of coconut oil, one drop of lemon oil, and one teaspoon of honey to your face. Rub it on your skin and let it sit for about fifteen minutes, then rinse it off with warm water.
Lemon-scented products are a perfect substitute for industrial and toxic cleaning agents. Although a high chemical-filled cleaning agent can perform this same function, nothing compares to cleaning your home with natural dōTERRA lemon essential oil.
- Lemon can also be used to remove gum from children’s hair. Just rub about one to two drops of lemon on the spot.
- It is also great for removing crayon drawings on walls.
- Lemon essential oil and other natural cleaners are the safe choices for getting rid of grease, paint and giving a fresh scent to laundry.
- This oil is a terrific disinfectant for cooking utensils and kitchen counters.
- It is a common ingredient for home-made natural remedies.
- Lemon oil is an effective hair product that eliminates dryness, dandruff and strengthens the hair while leaving a fresh scent.
- A mixture of lemon and vinegar oil serves as an effective cleaning agent when faced with greasy stovetops, counters, and dishes. Just mix twenty drops of lemon oil, one cup of vinegar. Pour the mixture into a spray bottle and add water to fill it up. Spray the mixture on an oily or sticky surface, and the result will amaze you.
- Lemon oil is also handy in removing glues that are difficult to take off.
Cooking and Immune Support
The citrus flavor lemon oil brings to a dish might be the ingredient that pulls it together.
- A dash of lemon oil to baked goods, salads, or smoothies gives a distinctive finish. This is the reason why lemonade remains a trendy and refreshing drink enjoyed by individuals of all ages.
- The lemon essential oil has been known to boost motivation and vitality goodness. Add a splash of citrus to your favorite vinaigrette or a burst of lemon to your famous baked oatmeal.
There are various uses of dōTERRA lemon essential oil, which makes it a vital commodity for every home. It can boost individual motivations, awaken skin complexion, remove any stinky smell, and other refreshing functions.