Moving can be a bitter or a sweet experience, depending on the circumstances surrounding it and how you manage the whole process. It can be not very pleasant when the move is not correctly planned and sweet with appropriate preparations. In essence, the nature of a moving experience depends on the planning and preparations for the move. One area of concern that often arises when preparing for a move is the choice of moving truck size.
This is primarily a concern for people organizing a do-it-yourself move. The purpose of a do-it-yourself move is to save costs, but this purpose becomes void if a small-sized moving truck is used that cannot accommodate all properties that need to be moved. It results in more costs and time-consuming trips.
To avoid this, there are specific tips to help any individual preparing for a do-it-yourself move choose the right-sized moving truck. Luckily for you, these tips will be highlighted in this article. Ensure to read to the end.
Choosing The Right Moving Truck Size
A successful, simple, and cost-effective do-it-yourself move comes with correct planning and preparation. This includes hiring the right-sized moving truck from a moving company. The tips are:
- Draft a list: There are two sets of lost that needs to be drafted when moving; the first is like a checklist that checks all the items that need to be packed and classifies them based on where there are kept, like kitchen items and more, and the second list can be helpful when choosing the size of the moving truck hire. This list contains all the large items like furniture that cannot be kept in a moving box.
- The moving company’s truck categories: An excellent moving company hires trucks to customers by the truck’s categories. These truck categories classify trucks based on estates of different criteria used when moving, thus simplifying the choice of moving truck for the customers. The moving truck’s categories are:
- Based on apartment style: This is the simplest, easier, and most used option of the two moving truck categories. The moving company classifies trucks’ size based on the apartment style and size. Apartments with a bedroom are allocated small-sized moving trucks, while apartments with two or more bedrooms are allocated medium to large, depending on the apartment size. However, these are just estimates made by the company using the standard number of properties in a house.
- Based on square feet: This category is where the second list mentioned above is used. Moving companies make provision for a moving calculator that estimates truck size by the total number of items on the list. It uses the number of items to determine the cubic foot of space occupied, thereby giving the truck size. Most loving companies make this calculator available on request or on their website.
- After choosing the right truck size, hire and make other moving preparations.
Benefits Of Hiring The Right Size Of Moving Truck
- It is cost-efficient.
- It saves time and energy because there will be no need for multiple trips.
Using the tips provided in this article, any individual can arrange a do-it-yourself move without having to worry about choosing the wrong size of moving truck. However, the tips provided above give estimates and not the perfect size, so when choosing, always go for the next biggest option of moving truck. It would also be best if you consulted professionals in the industry to help you make better decisions.
Do you need a move yourself truck hire? Mobile Truck Rental offers truck hire. For the best deal for moving truck hire, Call us at 1300 799 317!