Recently, a lot of improving machines and procedures has been used by drilling specialists for sawing concrete and successfully disposing of it from the site. A major challenge for most drilling professionals is concrete cutting with pinpoint precision and safely disposing of it from the building site. As a result of the challenges drilling experts face, the interest in concrete sawing worldwide is significantly increasing. Interestingly, today a wide scope of concrete saws are accessible to workers for completing various kinds of concrete sawing services, like dry sawing and wet sawing.
Are you engaged in concrete sawing but do not know which concrete saw you should use and why you should use it? Do not worry; this article will serve as a huge support to you.
What is concrete sawing?
In a simple term, concrete sawing is the process of making holes or openings in concrete.
Uses of concrete saw
– To cut through tiles, blocks, concrete, bricks, stones, and other hard materials.
– To make openings and holes
– Concrete saws can be held or mounted on a stand or manually wheeled by an electric car.
Before we go into the main topic of this article, “different types of concrete sawing and their benefits,” let’s briefly talk about the different sawing methods.
Dry sawing is a concrete cutting method that is only suitable for contractors on outdoor projects because it is known for producing huge dust. Diamond blade helps prevent dry sawing from getting overheated in the absence of water.
Wet sawing is a widely used sawing method because it is environmentally friendly, less harmful, and produces less dust. The blade is always cool because of water, which reduces or stops the creation of dust.
Now, let’s proceed with the different types of concrete sawing and their benefits.
- Wire saws
Wire Sawing – Wire saws are embedded cables that are made majorly for the making of accurate cuts or openings in steel and reinforced concrete.
- They come in various kinds of shapes in a wide range of sizes
- Wire saws offer enormous adaptability to project workers and help in limiting wastage.
- They do not vibrate
- Wire saws do not create any kinds of breaks or cracks made by the project workers.
- Floor Sawing
Floor sawing is a method of creating accurate openings and cuts on streets, cemented floors, slabs, and so on.
- It is the quickest and most effective method of cutting cement
- The vibration is minimized
- It is economical
- It is known for its exactness and precision
- Wall sawing
The wall sawing makes cuts on vertical constructions made of heavily reinforced cement-like walls, doors, and windows.
- Ability to precisely cut concrete
- Limited noise and dust
- Ability to cut heavily reinforced concrete
- Ring Sawing
Ring saws are mostly used to cut small and medium-sized areas that road saws couldn’t cut but need to be cut. They are used for making openings in restricted spaces.
- They are portable
- They cut accurately and precisely
- They cut perfectly
- They are safe to use
Searching for the best concrete saw can sometimes be confusing. However, with the help of this article, you can easily choose the most suitable concrete saw for a project because each concrete saw aforementioned comes with its benefits. That aside, you’ll have an insight into what concrete sawing is and the uses of concrete saws.