As a blog or website marketer, your main aim is to take your product to your audience and bring your audience to your page. One way to manage this is by ensuring your site ranks well on search engines, and this is where optimization tools like keywords usage come in. Keywords show your site’s relevance to searches, helping to improve your ranking on search engines. This article will focus on long-tail keywords and how they help boost your site’s ranking on search engines.
A long-tail keyword is a phrase used as a search query that describes what a page is about. It is often 3 – 5 words long and targets more specifically than head and mid-tail keywords.
How Long-Tail Keywords Can Boost SEO Ranking
You already know how important keywords are to helping your website rank become more relevant and rank higher on search engines. But do you know that long-tail keywords function better than head keywords for site optimization? Here are some important ways long-tail keywords can help your SEO ranking.
- Less Competition: Each search made on search engines often generates tons of results, depending on the keyword used in the search. Unlike head keywords with billions of competition for ranking, long-tail keywords can be more specific, with less competition for ranking.
- Better Audience Targeting: Users often do searches on search engines according to the information or product they need. Where a head keyword targets randomly, long-tail keywords will bring you closer to your audience because you have what they want. What’s more? Most users who search for long-tail keywords are often ready to commit their interest or make a purchase.
- Lower Cost of Advertising: If you are familiar with Google Ads and their advertising system, you already know that competitive keywords are more expensive to use and cost more per click. But using specific long-tail keywords reduces the competition, thereby attracting a lower cost per click.
Expert Tips for Choosing the Right Long-Tail Keywords
Long-tail keywords have proven to be very beneficial for ranking your site and bringing you closer to your audience. But like other optimization tools, this type of keyword can only function effectively when correctly utilized. Here are some expert tips for choosing and using long-tails correctly.
- Have a unique selling proposition (USP): A unique selling proposition refers to the unique benefits your brand can offer customers and specific features that make it stand out. Knowing your USP will help you pick a long-tail keyword that summarizes it.
- Find Out What Your Target Audience Want: One way to attract your audience to your site is by giving answers to their questions or providing solutions to their problems. You cannot do this if you do not know what they want, so you must take out time to find out what your audience really wants.
- Research Keywords: The next step involves researching keywords using the information you gathered from the first two points. Hence, your long-tail keywords must be a blend of your USP and how it provides a solution to what your audience wants.
Keywords generally help make you visible to the audience who do searches relating to what you have to offer. But long-tail keywords often help improve your ranking and make it easier for your target audience to find you.
To find out how our SEO services can benefit you and your business, Call us now on 07 5641 0224.