SEO refers to “search engine optimization,” and it is an essential process in digital marketing. In fact, there’s a limit to how your site will grow, and there is only a little amount of traffic your site can attract if you choose to neglect the use of SEO. However, making use of SEO does not guarantee successful digital marketing, as the real highlight is in how well and how consistent you use it to better your website.
Business owners that are new to digital marketing and the concept of SEO often make the mistake of thinking SEO is a one-time thing. This cannot be further away from accurate, and such websites often fail to make any progress at all. Search engines are always updating their result regularly. If you wish for your website to gain and maintain relevance on the various search engines, you must make deliberate efforts to ensure your site stays SEO healthy. This article shows proper ways to check your site’s SEO health.
Why You Should Keep Tabs on Your Site’s SEO Health
You can check your site’s SEO health by conducting an SEO evaluation. And although this process may seem very challenging and time-consuming, the benefits are significant and ignoring it can prove to be very detrimental to your entire business.
Keeping tabs on your site’s progress and SEO health will help you spot problems that can promptly affect your ranking before it causes any damage. Also, you can be able to see where your site is lacking and make necessary improvements.
How to check SEO health
A regular SEO health check is important, but you must know what to check for and how to check for it. Here are the most important things to check for when carrying out an SEO health check on your website.
- Title tags: Title tags play a vital role in how well your webpage will rank. It helps to tell users what your page is about, and it also shows the relevance of the webpage to the search engine.
- Page copy: Headings, alt tags, images, and keyword usages are all under this category. Pictures help push your site’s message, and keywords should be imputed in the headings and texts as much as possible. However, you must be careful not to sound too promotional to avoid being classified as spam.
- Page loading speed: Search engines aim to provide users with relevant results as fast as possible. Therefore, if your website takes too long to load, it will definitely be ranked lower.
- Plagiarism: Google and other search engines are quick to recognize original content and rank them higher too. Hence, posting unique content on your site will give your web pages better rankings.
- Mobile compatibility: Because mobile phones are used to access the internet more than computers, search engines place much relevance on how mobile-friendly websites are while ranking them.
Search results often come with intense competition, and your website will not find a place among the most relevant results if it is not well optimized. Therefore, the success of your website marketing largely depends on how healthy your site’s SEO is.