Birthdays are special days in our lives, and we deserve all the love and fun we can get on that day. Birthdays mark the completion of a year in your life and the beginning of another new year. It also reminds you of your birth and how long you have stayed on earth. This is why you should be joyful and celebrate the day in the best possible way.
Of course, birthday cakes are one of the things that can help to bring all the fun and make you feel special on your day, especially if you get the right cake. Thankfully, this article will discuss exciting things you should know about birthday cakes. It will also teach you the ultimate recipe for making the best cake ever on your special day. Read on to discover more.
The ultimate birthday cake to be discussed in this article is over the top and will suit any celebration at all – not just birthdays. It includes soft and fluffy confetti cupcakes, topped with a chocolate shell and homemade marshmallow meringue frosting. Indeed, you cannot wait to get the party started with this beautiful and edible piece of art.
These cupcakes are bright, colorful, and loaded with fantastic eye-catchy sprinkles around them. Without a doubt, it will bring that wow factor to your birthday that people will not forget for long. Here are some more things to know about the best cupcakes:
The ultimate birthday cupcakes come in three parts, including;
- Confetti cupcakes: this part is often fluffy, soft, and includes a buttery crumb.
- Marshmallow meringue frosting: this part is often quite delicious and tastes like homemade marshmallow crème.
- Chocolate shell: this part provides a perfectly delicious finishing for the cake, and it is easy to make – with just two simple ingredients.
Of course, you can barely resist a bite of these three mixtures when they have been adequately blended. The taste is something to live for, and not eating it could be torture.
How to Make the Marshmallow Meringue Frosting
There is nothing to worry about the marshmallow meringue frosting. It simply entails the Swiss meringue buttercream. However, it does not include the butter. Do not be deceived by the word “meringue,” the process of mixing it is pretty simple, and you will only need four ingredients, a mixer, and a stovetop.
The steps for making the marshmallow meringue frosting include:
- Start by whisking the egg whites, cream of tartar, and sugar together in a heat-proof bowl or double boiler over a little pot of simmering water. Continue doing this until the sugar dissolves and the mixture thins out.
- Remove the mixture from the heat, and then add some vanilla extract and a salt pinch to it.
- Whip the mixture at high speed with your mixer until some stiff glossy parks appear.
It is in the whipping stage that the magic happens. You will enjoy watching the mixture change from a thin liquid to some impressive big puffy cloud.
How to Make the Chocolate Coating
After you have piped the marshmallow meringue frosting on the cupcakes, you can go ahead to add the chocolate treat.
You only need two ingredients to achieve this. They include pure chocolate and oil. Here are the steps for making the chocolate coating:
- Melt the two ingredients together and let it sit for a few minutes.
- Quickly dip each cupcake in the chocolate mixture to coat the frosting.
- Add sprinkles of your choice and refrigerate the cupcakes to let the chocolate form shells.
Cupcakes can contribute significantly to bringing fun to your birthday parties, especially when you choose the ultimate birthday cupcakes. This article has provided some tips to help you.