LED strips are exceptional when it comes to lighting up the dark. They are lovely, and users like them because they are very convenient. LED strip lights do not only light up a place, but they also have attractive looks. The strip is perfect for living rooms because it does not burn, and it is eye-friendly, which means that it does not disturb sleep. Children also like it because it changes colors sometimes, and they find it very enticing.
Also known as LED tape, an LED strip is a flexible circuit light board covered by plenty of tiny lights. Strip lights were initially used for designs and backup lighting. But an improvement in technology has made for a significant increase in luminous effect and a higher SMD power. As a result of these improvements, LED strips can now perform several functions, and their uses now include:
- On-set costume design
- Lighting up dark places
- Used in industries as an ultra-violet inspection light.
- Used as a replacement for fluorescent and halogen lights
LED lights are now becoming more popular every day. But some people have expressed uncertainty as to how the strips are installed, while others are completely unaware of how they work. Are you among these sets? Here, we will teach you what to do and how to wire your LED strips.
Before you purchase your LED strip, there are a couple of things you should do. Firstly, check the space that you will like to install the strip and measure it accordingly. It will help you get an idea of the length of the LED strip to buy. Secondly, check the area you wish to install the strip and make sure there is a power supply within the region. This is important because LED strips use a simple plug with a dimmer, so you must have a place to plug it in.
How to properly install LED lighting strips
Installing your LED strip light to a power source may not be as difficult as you think. After you have purchased the strip, you can follow these easy steps for a successful installation.
1) Plug in the LED strip: Just like you do with other electrical appliances, the first thing to do is connect the plug of the strip to a designated switch. Most LED strips come with plugs. If not, you have to cut the strip in a strategic place indicated with a scissor sign. Then you can either use a strip connector or solder it for a stronger hold.
2) Power the switch by connecting it to a power source: After clicking the LED strip to a switch, the next step is to power the switch by connecting it to a wall socket or any other suitable power supply.
3) Properly position the strips: Now that you have made the connections, all that is left to do is place your LED strips in the desired position. The strips often carry adhesives to help them stick appropriately on the wall or wherever you choose to position it. Once you have placed it, you can turn it on and enjoy the brilliant lighting effect.
LED strips are a real deal. However, to maximize its output and avoid damage, you must make sure your strip is connected to the right power source. Here are a few ways to find the best power source for your LED strips.
- Check the voltage limits on the strips and be sure to connect them to a fitting power source
- Find out the maximum and minimum power your LED strip can supply, and stick to the range
- Make sure that your LED strip is not overworking. Always put it off when it is not in use
Now that you have found out how to connect and maintain your LED light strips properly, go ahead and enjoy the new distinctive lighting it provides. But always remember to play it safe and adhere to the product usage rules.